I have always really appreciated the idea of studying history chronologically. My two favorite methods of homeschooling (Charlotte Mason and Classical) recommend learning history that way so that’s how our family has always done our history studies. On SKrafty we have tons of options for history so families can pretty much pick and choose what they’d like to learn about or pick up where they are in their lessons using SKrafty classes. There are online self-paced classes to go along with The Mystery of History by Linda Lacour Hobar, The Story of the World, Notgrass History as well as self-paced history classes that require no textbook. Those are all available to begin at anytime.
When you are doing a chronological study of history it is a huge benefit to really dive into the era you are studying. An immersive learning experience can really help our kiddos to absorb the things they’re learning. One way to do this is to include that period of history in with all your subjects. Here are some ways to achieve this:
- Study literature based on or written during that period
- Choose a science class based on discoveries during the era
- Write papers, learn vocabulary words and other English topics using books and stories about the history topic
Are you interested in giving your student and immersive learning experience during the next school year? Great! We do have tons of self paced classes you can pick and choose from to customize your year. We are also studying the Medieval period here on SKrafty in our Live Classes starting in September of 2019! Here are the classes your student can take to give them a well rounded Medieval education:
- Medieval History using Biblioplan (4th – 8th Live Online)
- Science in the Scientific Revolution using Berean Builders (3rd – 6th Live Online)
- IEW Medieval History Writing
- IEW Fix-it Grammar Robin Hood
- Medieval History Literature
You can click any of the links above for more details on each class!