This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Center for Lit Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 6 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 6th-8th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level. *This list is subject to change.
- King Arthur: Tales from the Round Table
- One Thousand and One Arabian Nights Geraldine McCaughrean
- King’s Shadow Elizabeth Alder
- Winning His Spurs, A Tale of the Crusades G.A. Henty
- Kite Rider Geraldine McCaughrean
- Crispin, The Cross of Lead Avi
Students will participate in a self paced class with ONE Live class discussion for each book read, and OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments. Live discussion will take place on select Mondays at 2pm CST. The full schedule will be released the first week of class. Class will begin on Monday, September 9th at 2:00 PM CST.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.