Christmas is always such a special time of year. My kids are always counting down the days. If yours are too, then this is the perfect craft for you! This is a super fun Christmas countdown craft that the entire family can do. It is also affordable and kid friendly! It only takes a few items you will find around the house plus a free printable you’ll find below.
This Christmas countdown is a great art project just as the holiday season starts! You can hang it up around the house, use it for a decoration, or put it on your Christmas tree. It has many uses and this simple craft can bring a lot of joy.
If you are making this craft, be sure to pass it along to others the same way we pass along Christmas joy!
Countdown to Christmas Clock Instructions:
- Countdown to Christmas Printable HERE
- 2 – 8.6” sturdy paper plates
- paper hole punch
- bakers twine
- (2-3) 12-in. wired garland ties
- hot glue stick
- glue or glue stick
- thumb tack
- mini brad
- Punch a hole about ¼” away from the edge of the plate. Tie an 8” piece of bakers twine into a loop and then attach it to the plate through the punched hole.
- Bend your wired garland ties slightly so they are curved like the plate.
- Hot glue your garland to the backside of the paper plate, around the outside curved edge (work in small sections and press garland into glue until it hardens).
- Print and cut out the round countdown section of the countdown PDF inside the dashed outline. Set aside.
- Rough-cut the spinner/arrow and glue it down to the flat center part of your second paper plate so it’s sturdier; let dry. Use a thumb tack to poke a hole in the little white dot area on the end of the spinner/arrow. Once it’s dry, cut it out carefully inside the dashed lines.
- Tape the circle countdown to the center of the plate. Once it’s all taped down, use your thumb tack to poke a hole on the black center dot.
- Insert your mini brad into the pre-poked hole in the spinner/arrow first and then through the pre-poked hole in the plate. Turn the plate over and secure the brad by bending out the ends.
- Use a paper hole punch in the empty section of your PDF to make 25 ‘snowflakes’; set aside. Glue on a ‘snowflake’ to your countdown each day to make it a “white Christmas”!
- Hang up your plate and start the Christmas countdown on December 1st!
Enjoy! Keep reading for a FUN giveaway!
Christmas Blessing Giveaway:
2020 has been quite the year, hasn’t it?
It’s definitely been one for the books and one we will likely never forget. However, we have finally made it to the holiday season – a time for gratitude, togetherness, and celebration. And to celebrate the holiday season and the year 2020 coming to an end, I’ve teamed up with some amazing bloggers for the 7th annual Christmas Blessings Giveaway with the hopes of making this holiday season even more memorable (in a good way) for TWO families by giving away $500 in PayPal cash to each family.
While we wish we could bless many more families, we were able to come up with a big prize for TWO families – $500 each (delivered via PayPal) – that we pray will make a big difference in their lives this Christmas season! Whether it’s to fulfill their kids’ Christmas wishes, pay off some bills, or to help build some savings, our prayer is that it helps to lessen any financial burden and/or fills a specific need, or simply brightens your day.
There are lots of entry options in the Rafflecopter form below. The more you enter, the better your chance of winning! I know it can seem tedious and time consuming to go through all the entries, but isn’t a chance at $500 worth it?
Probably so! 😉
Plus, all of these wonderful bloggers donated their own money toward the cash prizes, so this giveaway wouldn’t be possible without them. I hope you’ll take the time to check out each one. Who knows, maybe you will find some new blogs to follow.
The giveaway will run from Monday, November 16th through Wednesday, November 25th (ends at 11:59pm EST). Winner will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize or another winner will be drawn. You must have a PayPal account to win. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Rafflecopter terms and conditions upon entering. a Rafflecopter giveaway