Do's and Don'ts of a RP Character

Is your character a Mary Sue/Gary Stu?

• Nope.

• No, it's an Anti-Sue!

• I think it is, but I like it this way.

• Oh no! It is! I'll fix it!

• I didn't read the thing yet :3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Keb

L Supremacy
Haaha some of us get really into backstories like me and Kay..

But yeah seriously.. a Mary Sue would be like.. they could get smacked by a 100 ton truck and feel nothing

Make sure your characters react appropriately according to their personalities and stuff

ALso I have a very very different OC style from that.. lol

Like um I do have a lot of characters with quite the power.. but they also have major weaknesses that counter power easily. Charlie for example is a little too reliant on his time abilities.. so if you cut those off.. yeah. Or Lukas is very VERY weak to dark energy, like a soccer ball of that stuff can be lethal to him..

One of my villains, Negative, is an extremely dominant character of mine (literally my post powerful villain) who has climbing power because they can leech on certain things for power, and everyone who's fallen to their control also contributes to their power. But kind of ironically Negative's powerful planning and strength is their very weakness. If you plan a few steps ahead (likely requiring gathering info on them), you could trip them up and destroy them.

So yea, I have lots of strong characters and also lots of average characters. I don't like being weak tho so.. that usually leads to me accidentally going over-the-top with trying to not get beaten :p of course I never have intents of being op
I`m working on a fantasy story. The main character is literally just an average farmer, named Jack, who is told by a wisp named Sprii, who comes along on Jack`s
adventure, that he must stop the evil king, Ezmiah, from creating a giant monster capable of destroying the world. On their way, they meet an elf with black hair, who is pretty nimble and good at sword fighting, however elves in my story are more fragile than humans, so... Eventually, they make it to Ezmiah, but he already created the monster, who steals the Jewel of Power (Bad name, I know.) which was used to create it, then started devouring everything in it`s path, however the characters that I mentioned escaped from the "Devourer" and now Jack and Ezmiah are about to have a sword fight in a cavern.

SSStickman

friendly neighborhood idiot
well enjoy this fluffy dog
Ioh1Qvuc_400x400.jpg

Keb

L Supremacy
When i give my characters powers, it`s normally something that has something to do with dragons, like summoning, communicating, transforming, that type of stuff. Other than that, he`s normal. Is that too Gary Stu-ish?

Darthkitten216

♡look into your eyes and the skys the limit♡
I dont think it matters what the powers are, as long as they are legitimately beatable in one way or another and have flaws. Like you can have a very powerful character but give them a reason for that power and have it make sense in the story, and make sure they have real flaws that actually have a impact on them.