Do's and Don'ts of a RP Character

Is your character a Mary Sue/Gary Stu?

• Nope.

• No, it's an Anti-Sue!

• I think it is, but I like it this way.

• Oh no! It is! I'll fix it!

• I didn't read the thing yet :3

Results are only viewable after voting.

ghostieboo

Cooler than you, I suppose
Haaha some of us get really into backstories like me and Kay..

But yeah seriously.. a Mary Sue would be like.. they could get smacked by a 100 ton truck and feel nothing

Make sure your characters react appropriately according to their personalities and stuff

ALso I have a very very different OC style from that.. lol

Like um I do have a lot of characters with quite the power.. but they also have major weaknesses that counter power easily. Charlie for example is a little too reliant on his time abilities.. so if you cut those off.. yeah. Or Lukas is very VERY weak to dark energy, like a soccer ball of that stuff can be lethal to him..

One of my villains, Negative, is an extremely dominant character of mine (literally my post powerful villain) who has climbing power because they can leech on certain things for power, and everyone who's fallen to their control also contributes to their power. But kind of ironically Negative's powerful planning and strength is their very weakness. If you plan a few steps ahead (likely requiring gathering info on them), you could trip them up and destroy them.

So yea, I have lots of strong characters and also lots of average characters. I don't like being weak tho so.. that usually leads to me accidentally going over-the-top with trying to not get beaten :p of course I never have intents of being op

With more weaknesses in for poor ol' Negative... one of my newest characters, Theta, is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good at beating Negative. Why? Because Theta both taught Negative 99% of what they know, and is also kind of responsible for how Negative was forever corrupted :p

cally

queen of the woods · cathiethegreat
Another notable thing (especially for book or TV show RPs); family. It can be seen as Mary Sue-ish to be the family or friend of a main character in the book/movie/show/whatever it's based off of. Like you're Harry Potter's long lost cousin, and Hermione Granger's best friend. :p

Triacus

the Last Sith
well i mean imo i don't think it's bad to make it a complex puzzle to beat someone

:p but tbh "op" is a sort of opinion definition so.. there are obviously going to have to be compromises if things are getting out of hand

The definition is: The person saying OP never is op, if you are even slightly more powerful than said person you are OP.

TheObvious1

Something Different
However, there is such thing as an "Anti-Sue" or "Anti-Stu." It's like this: "Will dominate the world someday, has hidden powers of destruction, can control fire and explosions, can brainwash everyone, is very evil and cruel and evil."
I have a character that is specifically supposed to be a "Anti-Sue"

I find it funny that it isn't even close to what you described.