SKrafty's lost a lot of members.

I came back to SK after a long time hoping to see a lot of old friends, but I've seen pretty much only 2 of the many friends I've made over the years. I feel bad for SK. What happened to SK? This is my first Minecraft server, and I really don't wanna see it go down. We could tell folks about SK, but it seems like the problem is the lack of a good survival game. We lost people when we lost Vanilla. Economy Zone is an updated survival world, but folks don't like the cost of being able to teleport or setup quick shops. The cost includes losing most animals (except dogs and cats), breeding villagers only in The Nether, and a lack of hostile mobs spawning. I never thought I'd complain about missing Creepers or other hostile mobs, but we need them to spawn. My public farms are having trouble as a result. "Stacking" hostile mobs allows them to spawn near bedrock levels, but the stacking doesn't allow them to get far past bedrock levels. Therefore, if we can improve Economy Zone, bring back Vanilla, or replace Economy Zone entirely with something like Vanilla, people are more likely to return and tell others SK is a great server. Am I the only one thinking along these lines? Please share your thoughts.

Morgrem

you ask me to think and i say, "no thanks!"
a new survival server like vanilla and a new creative plots server would do some good I think

Nick

Prince of Procrastination, Governor of Fjellheim
I agree, when Vanilla went down the player base stagnated for a few days, then dropped significantly.
However, I would rather not start over and would prefer to play in the old world, seeing as I have already invested significant time and resources into it. I don't think I have the motivation to start over again, lol.

Morgrem

you ask me to think and i say, "no thanks!"
they all grew up, and when you grow up you barely care about sk anymore
objection: the fact we’re here and the moderators are here and the supers are busy but they undoubtedly still care
age has little to do with it I feel
it could be true some of us grew out of it but it’s not just that

ChrisDaWolf

Pain is something you should embrace not run from
I feel like one of the best ways to bring back the server is to make it a cross platform server where Java and Bedrock can play together

gng

yes
I came back to SK after a long time hoping to see a lot of old friends, but I've seen pretty much only 2 of the many friends I've made over the years. I feel bad for SK. What happened to SK? This is my first Minecraft server, and I really don't wanna see it go down. We could tell folks about SK, but it seems like the problem is the lack of a good survival game. We lost people when we lost Vanilla. Economy Zone is an updated survival world, but folks don't like the cost of being able to teleport or setup quick shops. The cost includes losing most animals (except dogs and cats), breeding villagers only in The Nether, and a lack of hostile mobs spawning. I never thought I'd complain about missing Creepers or other hostile mobs, but we need them to spawn. My public farms are having trouble as a result. "Stacking" hostile mobs allows them to spawn near bedrock levels, but the stacking doesn't allow them to get far past bedrock levels. Therefore, if we can improve Economy Zone, bring back Vanilla, or replace Economy Zone entirely with something like Vanilla, people are more likely to return and tell others SK is a great server. Am I the only one thinking along these lines? Please share your thoughts.
Some people outgrew the server, other people grew to hate it.

Admins did nothing in the way of fixing servers (Vanilla, EZ, Factions, etc.) and some people eventually got sick of it. Sandbox has also not been updated to the newest version in forever, and there's constant lag issues.

It's kind of rash to start a server and then stop supporting it without any further notice, and it's especially frowned upon when you have donators who are actively paying for ranks on the server.

steven

✝️ Christ is King | ☕
Some people outgrew the server, other people grew to hate it.

Admins did nothing in the way of fixing servers (Vanilla, EZ, Factions, etc.) and some people eventually got sick of it. Sandbox has also not been updated to the newest version in forever, and there's constant lag issues.

It's kind of rash to start a server and then stop supporting it without any further notice, and it's especially frowned upon when you have donators who are actively paying for ranks on the server.
"SKrafty is not supported"

I hopped on today, and after a couple minutes, I agree to disagree with this in some places. Yes it's not getting the activity as much as it has, but they've

* Maintained sandbox, miniwalls, turfwars, skville, ez, bedwars, paintball, blockparty, arenabuild, battleroyale, arcade, skyblocks, amongus, and kitpvp. All of these games are (mostly functioning) unsure about server lag. This is more than enough for any server
* The hub is fine. A little quirky, but alive. They added a new NPC in the hub for taskmasters
* They have added two new games recently, blockparty and sheepquest
* Added new bedwars maps
* added new skywars maps

Some of these things seem like really really tiny things, but when you're balancing out your real life situation (and that's more than just family, i've learned that recently) the amount you can do becomes smaller and smaller.

It's gotten some new games and updates. The issue is, (technical issues with updating versions aside because they exist), people just grew out of SK and also left because they found/made contact with others off platform on different instant messaging platforms and just simply don't want to play SK and instead play other games. I'm 100% aware that probably violates their rules but most of the older skrafty folks definitely did that, me included, and opted to play different games.

Of course, on the contrary I do think there could have been drastically clearer amounts of transparency on various levels, I don't think the EDU costs should have been increased personally, but I feel like I may not know the full picture of that. (the EDU was the huge reason lots of kids came to SK, we stopped using the EDU because it just cost way way too much for us [more than buying several books that my mom used to self teach me and my siblings k through 12], which said a lot).

Everything else I partially agree with. But I do come from a bias, I helped with managing the support/backend of a larger MC factions server that shut down due to the owners just not having the time

Last edited: