World download

Nick

Prince of Procrastination, Governor of Fjellheim
u sure thats legal in sk? XD
Late to the game...

SK has a history of randomly deleting worlds/games (Jumbosized, Oasis) I would've given so much to have saved my builds on those worlds. And now, yet again, Vanilla is offline. I wouldn't be surprised if they've scrapped it. They've deleted quite literally my only reason to continue on SKrafty, and they don't have the courtesy to give me access to a copy of it. The reason SK said "We will not release vanilla world download" is they "didn't want players' builds shared privately without permission" which is nonsensical. By building on a server, everyone on that server now has access to it. They are no longer private. This is a block game. Sure, blocks can have meaning, otherwise I wouldn't care at all about vanilla. But refusing to share people's builds with them because you don't want the, let's be honest, inactive player bases builds, that were already shared with us, mind you, shared with us, is stupid.
Having the ability to download worlds is not a security issue, it's simply another capability. I happen to be familiar with these mods, they only download the blocks that you load, entities, and your inventory & chests only if opened. Thats it. They in no way compromise the users security.

End of rant.

ChrisDaWolf

Pain is something you should embrace not run from
YES
Late to the game...

SK has a history of randomly deleting worlds/games (Jumbosized, Oasis) I would've given so much to have saved my builds on those worlds. And now, yet again, Vanilla is offline. I wouldn't be surprised if they've scrapped it. They've deleted quite literally my only reason to continue on SKrafty, and they don't have the courtesy to give me access to a copy of it. The reason SK said "We will not release vanilla world download" is they "didn't want players' builds shared privately without permission" which is nonsensical. By building on a server, everyone on that server now has access to it. They are no longer private. This is a block game. Sure, blocks can have meaning, otherwise I wouldn't care at all about vanilla. But refusing to share people's builds with them because you don't want the, let's be honest, inactive player bases builds, that were already shared with us, mind you, shared with us, is stupid.
Having the ability to download worlds is not a security issue, it's simply another capability. I happen to be familiar with these mods, they only download the blocks that you load, entities, and your inventory & chests only if opened. Thats it. They in no way compromise the users security.

End of rant
Ye since its been gone I've lost my reason to play sk

minerdiscovery

float like an ocean stick like a hammer
yeah so vanilla is screwed up a couple of claims from what I can see are removed and copied over and a lot of people have gotten their ec wiped (most of the longtime players keep their most valuable items (netherite blocks, diamond blocks, shulkers of netherite gear, ect)in their ec so that in case of a claim wipe or some other bug no one gets their items wiped but seeing as their ec is wiped now and claims are kinda screwed most of the longtime players are basically wiped)

Fuzz

fuzzywuzzzy
yeah so vanilla is screwed up a couple of claims from what I can see are removed and copied over and a lot of people have gotten their ec wiped (most of the longtime players keep their most valuable items (netherite blocks, diamond blocks, shulkers of netherite gear, ect)in their ec so that in case of a claim wipe or some other bug no one gets their items wiped but seeing as their ec is wiped now and claims are kinda screwed most of the longtime players are basically wiped)

ChrisDaWolf

Pain is something you should embrace not run from
My claim is gone as well