[Notice] What was really wrong with SK RolePlay...?

benprog19

Husband | System Engineer
Well, I had no idea, to be honest, that it had anything to do with the RolePlay names... But, it did. This is basically what happened with the RolePlays.

Basically, on startup, the RolePlays all get loaded from a file that define the home, roles, owner, members, etc... But, some players decided that it would be cool to have a named with Symbols that are not "recognizable" by the YML files. Basically, it would load all the RolePlays up until that point and immediately stop. Therefore, anyone's RolePlay that was not loaded didn't "really exist." I have updated it so now players can only make RolePlay names with letters and numbers. No symbols. This should fix the problem and allow all the RolePlays to load.

This does not include underscores, hyphens, apostrophes, etc... As much I'm sure you guys would like that, we just can't allow it. Even adding a simple apostrophe in the name could break it. I'm 99% sure this is the problem, sorry for the past "fixes" that did nothing lol.

~ Fujeh_.

madiscn

songwriter | INFJ-T
Well, I had no idea, to be honest, that it had anything to do with the RolePlay names... But, it did. This is basically what happened with the RolePlays.

Basically, on startup, the RolePlays all get loaded from a file that define the home, roles, owner, members, etc... But, some players decided that it would be cool to have a named with Symbols that are not "recognizable" by the YML files. Basically, it would load all the RolePlays up until that point and immediately stop. Therefore, anyone's RolePlay that was not loaded didn't "really exist." I have updated it so now players can only make RolePlay names with letters and numbers. No symbols. This should fix the problem and allow all the RolePlays to load.

This does not include underscores, hyphens, apostrophes, etc... As much I'm sure you guys would like that, we just can't allow it. Even adding a simple apostrophe in the name could break it. I'm 99% sure this is the problem, sorry for the past "fixes" that did nothing lol.

~ Fujeh_.
I dont suppose this has to do with the Rp glitch?

ghostieboo

Cooler than you, I suppose
I dont suppose this has to do with the Rp glitch?
Like the rp glitch as in the glitch that has ppl stuck in rps?
(If they try to join 1, it says they must leave the existing 1, if they try to delete their existing 1, it says they do not own a rp)
A way to fix that glitch (sometimes) is to invite someone to the glitched rp, transfer it to them, and have them delete the rp. It doesn't always work though.

madiscn

songwriter | INFJ-T
Like the rp glitch as in the glitch that has ppl stuck in rps?
(If they try to join 1, it says they must leave the existing 1, if they try to delete their existing 1, it says they do not own a rp)
A way to fix that glitch (sometimes) is to invite someone to the glitched rp, transfer it to them, and have them delete the rp. It doesn't always work though.
yea.