Factions: A Secret Treasure (Story)

BadPuns

SKrafty Helper
Seeing how factions is about to reset, I figured now would be a fun time to tell a neat little story that happened to me at the beginning of this factions season. So there I was, out looking for spawners/waiting a long time for SilkSpawners to be fixed, saving coords to come back later and mine the spawners. I had already marked about 20 spawners that week, when I had an idea. Even if the End is disabled, why don't I check out the strongholds to get the silverfish spawners? So that's what I set out to do. And within 1000 blocks of my base, I found a stronghold. Easy enough. So I got the spawner, and was about to head on my way when I had a though. I might as well test to see if the End really is disabled. What's the worst that could happen? So, I lit the portal and jumped in. To my surprise, I actually went into the End. Shortly after I joined though, the server crashed. When it came back up, I was still in the End. It took me a moment to notice the one important change. The Ender Dragon had spawned in.

I got my faction online and we had the only battle that ever occurred in the End. We fought the dragon, and defeated it. It didn't take us very long at all, about 5 or so minutes total. But when it came time to claim the Dragon Egg, one of my faction members stole the egg right out from under me and smuggled it away to a vault back in the overworld. So, there we were. Sitting in the End, having fought the dragon. We were about to go and get us some Elytra and chorus fruit, when suddenly the server went down. I knew this was strange, because it wasn't a crash... it was a restart. Someone had figured out about our excursion, and they didn't like it. After the server came back up, all the terrain below our feet disappeared and we all died in the void. This process repeated several times, until finally the server completely locked us out of the End. We were teleported to spawn, and when we tried to go back the portals didn't work. We were a little upset about not being able to claim the Elytra, but we knew someone had a treasure much more valuable.

The Dragon Egg had been brought back before the world file was deleted, and it was in someone's vault or EC. I was informed by an admin that when the item was found, it would be deleted. So I told them who I thought had it, and they searched their player data, but found nothing. And for a while, that was the end (no pun intended) of it. No one ever really thought about it for a few weeks. We had a good laugh and bragging right, but that was about it. Or so I thought.

One day, an old member of my faction approached me. He said he had quit, and offered me up a treasure I never thought I'd see again. There, in his hand, was the Dragon Egg. He offered it to me like it was nothing to him. Of course I took it, and decided to keep it safe in my vault for the rest of the season. This truly was the rarest item in all of factions, because it would never exist again. Since the End glitch had been patched, there was no way anyone could get to the End in future seasons. I knew that this could be the one and only Dragon Egg factions would ever see. Eventually I placed my prized treasure on display in my base, where anyone could get it if they found it. But no one ever did. And that brings us to this bittersweet moment, where factions is about to be reset. The Dragon Egg will, most likely, be lost forever.

2018-05-18_18.53.46.png

2018-07-10_23.14.16.png

2018-07-10_10.01.57.png

PS. For some reason, the egg never was found by the server owners and deleted? Maybe it was hidden in an obscure region of the map, or on an alt account. Who knows. But hey I'm not gonna complain, it gave me an excuse to write a really cool story about our dragon fight.

legorangertmc

Retired Beluga President
I got my faction online and we had the only battle that ever occurred in the End. We fought the dragon, and defeated it. It didn't take us very long at all, about 5 or so minutes total. But when it came time to claim the Dragon Egg, one of my faction members stole the egg right out from under me and smuggled it away to a vault back in the overworld. So, there we were. Sitting in the End, having fought the dragon. We were about to go and get us some Elytra and chorus fruit, when suddenly the server went down. I knew this was strange, because it wasn't a crash... it was a restart. Someone had figured out about our excursion, and they didn't like it. After the server came back up, all the terrain below our feet disappeared and we all died in the void. This process repeated several times, until finally the server completely locked us out of the End. We were teleported to spawn, and when we tried to go back the portals didn't work. We were a little upset about not being able to claim the Elytra, but we knew someone had a treasure much more valuable.

:' (