$200 or $30 FOR SKrafty EDU SUBSCRIBERS
Live Literature Discussion Class for Grades 6th & up:
This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Socratic method with reading homework each week. We will be reading the following 6 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 4th-7th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level.
- Gilgamesh – David Ferry – LIVE Discussion on Gilgamesh on October 6th, 2020
- God King – Joanne Williamson – LIVE Discussion on November 10th
- Mara, Daughter of the Nile – Eloise Jarvis McGraw – Live Discussion on December 15th
- Greek Myths – Olivia Coolidge – LIVE Discussion January 26th
- The Children’s Homer – LIVE Discussion March 16th
- Eagle of the Ninth – LIVE Discussion April 20th
Following are the details:
Students will participate in a self paced class with ONE Live class discussion for each book read, and OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments. Live discussion will take place on select Tuesdays at 3:30 pm CST. The full schedule will be released the first week of class. Class will begin on Tuesday, September 15th at 3:30 PM CST.
Live weekly Class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments – $200 or $30 for SKrafty EDU Subscribers
WHERE: SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server and SKrafty Live Classroom