~~~ CHUNKBAN/SOFTLOCK/WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT WARNING ~~~

Beowoof

Ernest T Bass ~ Music Boi ~ Lowest Rated SK Emoji
ATTENTION EVERYONE ON SANDBOX [READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH FOR DETAILS, SKIP THE END FOR THE IMPORTANT WARNING]:

So on the 8th of April I used pickblock to duplicate shulkers from a different player (who when where or why are all unimportant and unrelated), HOWEVER I did not realize at the time that illegal items exist in sandbox. So I was looking through the shulker boxes and a couple of them would kick me the moment I opened them, which I found interesting and thought, "Huh, maybe my computer cannot open them?" So I brought the boxes to a second player (who happened to be in a third player's plot at the time). The boxes ALSO kicked the second player and the third player, so then I thought that the box itself had been hacked in in a way that made it impossible to open (since there are a lot of coded items on sandbox). So because I thought it was the boxes themselves and I thought nothing of the items in the boxes, I decided to use hoppers to syphon the items out of the shulker boxes and into chests. I quickly learned from a fourth player that items were kicking me, not the boxes. So when the chests did indeed kick me it made sense. I then put down a lava bucket and broke the chest, and instantly all the items fell on the ground and I was kicked. No worries, I simply logged in and out until the chunk had been loaded long enough for the lava to flow and burn the illegal item and I was alright again. Trouble is, lava flows only 4 blocks in the overworld, so when I went to break a farther chest, the lava did not flow over the items and one ended up in my inventory. The items on the ground are now cleared but my inventory has not yet been cleared and so for the time being I still cannot join sandbox (but please DO NOT bother the Supers about this; read the next paragraph).

IMPORTANT WARNING HERE:
THESE BOXES HAVE SOMEHOW GOTTEN OUT AND ARE SPREADING LIKE CORONA (insert funne meme here). IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO GIVE YOU AN ORANGE OR BLACK SHULKER BOX, DO NOT TRY SYPHON THE ITEMS OUT OF IT USING A HOPPER. FIRST TRY TO OPEN IT. IF YOU GET KICKED, DESTROY THE BOX IMMEDIATLY. DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANY OTHER PLAYER, EVEN IF IT SOUNDS FUNNY. IF THIS CONTINUES GOING DOWNHILL, WE MAY END UP KILLING SANDBOX (i dont think it'd go that far, but we have to take precautionary measures now). HOWEVER IF THE BOX DOES NOT KICK YOU, then it was probably a gift from them and its fine you can just go ahead and do with it what you will. IF YOU END UP GETTING BANNED DUE TO ILLEGAL ITEMS ON THE GROUND OR IN YOUR INVENTORY THAT YOU GOT FROM A SHULKER BOX, REPLY TO THIS THREAD WHEN IT HAPPENED AND WHAT COLOR SHULKER BOX IT WAS (as far as you can remember).

Some of the Supers, @NinjaBoyBlue, and I are all working on this, so please just follow the warning placed in this thread and DO NOT NAG THE SUPERS.

Also NBB, could you post a screenshot of the exact colors of the boxes here (since you were able to see them in my plot, if you didn't get a screenie lmk and i'll send you plot id again)? That will help people be on the lookout for them.

NinjaBoyBlue

Christ is risen!
ATTENTION EVERYONE ON SANDBOX [READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH FOR DETAILS, SKIP THE END FOR THE IMPORTANT WARNING]:

So on the 8th of April I used pickblock to duplicate shulkers from a different player (who when where or why are all unimportant and unrelated), HOWEVER I did not realize at the time that illegal items exist in sandbox. So I was looking through the shulker boxes and a couple of them would kick me the moment I opened them, which I found interesting and thought, "Huh, maybe my computer cannot open them?" So I brought the boxes to a second player (who happened to be in a third player's plot at the time). The boxes ALSO kicked the second player and the third player, so then I thought that the box itself had been hacked in in a way that made it impossible to open (since there are a lot of coded items on sandbox). So because I thought it was the boxes themselves and I thought nothing of the items in the boxes, I decided to use hoppers to syphon the items out of the shulker boxes and into chests. I quickly learned from a fourth player that items were kicking me, not the boxes. So when the chests did indeed kick me it made sense. I then put down a lava bucket and broke the chest, and instantly all the items fell on the ground and I was kicked. No worries, I simply logged in and out until the chunk had been loaded long enough for the lava to flow and burn the illegal item and I was alright again. Trouble is, lava flows only 4 blocks in the overworld, so when I went to break a farther chest, the lava did not flow over the items and one ended up in my inventory. The items on the ground are now cleared but my inventory has not yet been cleared and so for the time being I still cannot join sandbox (but please DO NOT bother the Supers about this; read the next paragraph).

IMPORTANT WARNING HERE:
THESE BOXES HAVE SOMEHOW GOTTEN OUT AND ARE SPREADING LIKE CORONA (insert funne meme here). IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO GIVE YOU AN ORANGE OR BLACK SHULKER BOX, DO NOT TRY SYPHON THE ITEMS OUT OF IT USING A HOPPER. FIRST TRY TO OPEN IT. IF YOU GET KICKED, DESTROY THE BOX IMMEDIATLY. DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANY OTHER PLAYER, EVEN IF IT SOUNDS FUNNY. IF THIS CONTINUES GOING DOWNHILL, WE MAY END UP KILLING SANDBOX (i dont think it'd go that far, but we have to take precautionary measures now). HOWEVER IF THE BOX DOES NOT KICK YOU, then it was probably a gift from them and its fine you can just go ahead and do with it what you will. IF YOU END UP GETTING BANNED DUE TO ILLEGAL ITEMS ON THE GROUND OR IN YOUR INVENTORY THAT YOU GOT FROM A SHULKER BOX, REPLY TO THIS THREAD WHEN IT HAPPENED AND WHAT COLOR SHULKER BOX IT WAS (as far as you can remember).

Some of the Supers, @NinjaBoyBlue, and I are all working on this, so please just follow the warning placed in this thread and DO NOT NAG THE SUPERS.

Also NBB, could you post a screenshot of the exact colors of the boxes here (since you were able to see them in my plot, if you didn't get a screenie lmk and i'll send you plot id again)? That will help people be on the lookout for them.
Orange, Black, and (Dark) Blue

steven

✝️ Christ is King | ☕

IMPORTANT WARNING HERE:

There are instances where even if you don't open it it'll kick you btw

See this article I found online on how it works
Code:
Chunk banning is making a chunk or area have too much data for servers to send to the client, so it is forced to kick you off the server if you are near enough to the chunk ban. There are two methods of chunk banning; the first is the method of building high NBT structures, although this does not work in recent versions. The second (and more reliable) chunk banning method, now known as area banning, is to fill a shulker box with high NBT books and drop it as an item entity. Unlike chunk banning, this will kick you from the game if you are within 75 blocks of the dropped item on a Vanilla server, or 32 blocks on a server with Spigot/PaperMC server software.

There is a lot of misinformation about the difference between Chunk bans and Area bans; so watch this informative video by ****** to fully understand Area Banning.

DO NOT hold it in your inventory if playing on 1.18.1 or higher. it will PERMANENTLY ban you. The solutions are either to change the nbt data in the server/world file to remove the shulker box or to have a friend place a repeating command block with "/clear @p shulker_box" near you and then try to join.
essentially the most you can avoid getting chunk banned right now is to not pick up shulker boxes, AND NBT DISPENSERS AND CHESTS AS THOSE MIGHT BAN YOU TOO, BECAUSE THE WAY THE EXPLOIT WORKS IS BY FLOODING YOU WITH THE DATA FROM THE BOOKS IN ANY CONTAINER.
Or just alternatively if you feel unsafe enough dont log on sandbox until the supers install a plugin to patch it

Beowoof

Code:
Chunk banning is making a chunk or area have too much data for servers to send to the client, so it is forced to kick you off the server if you are near enough to the chunk ban. There are two methods of chunk banning; the first is the method of building high NBT structures, although this does not work in recent versions. The second (and more reliable) chunk banning method, now known as area banning, is to fill a shulker box with high NBT books and drop it as an item entity. Unlike chunk banning, this will kick you from the game if you are within 75 blocks of the dropped item on a Vanilla server, or 32 blocks on a server with Spigot/PaperMC server software.

There is a lot of misinformation about the difference between Chunk bans and Area bans; so watch this informative video by ****** to fully understand Area Banning.

DO NOT hold it in your inventory if playing on 1.18.1 or higher. it will PERMANENTLY ban you. The solutions are either to change the nbt data in the server/world file to remove the shulker box or to have a friend place a repeating command block with "/clear @p shulker_box" near you and then try to join.
essentially the most you can avoid getting chunk banned right now is to not pick up shulker boxes, AND NBT DISPENSERS AND CHESTS AS THOSE MIGHT BAN YOU TOO, BECAUSE THE WAY THE EXPLOIT WORKS IS BY FLOODING YOU WITH THE DATA FROM THE BOOKS IN ANY CONTAINER.
Or just alternatively if you feel unsafe enough dont log on sandbox until the supers install a plugin to patch it
well i can easily be right next to shulker or even hold it in my hand without it kicking me, but once you open it, THEN it kicks you

Beowoof

Code:

oh btw this isn't making use of books, as when i began siphoning i got a good chunk of items before the illegal item came through. as NBB said in his thread about it, the problem is most likely a potion.

steven

✝️ Christ is King | ☕
well i can easily be right next to shulker or even hold it in my hand without it kicking me, but once you open it, THEN it kicks you
it depends on the method that they are using but the person in question is using 1.17.1 exploits which is why you are having that problem bc there are two different variants of this and the one that they are using seems to deal with nbt

Beowoof

it depends on the method that they are using but the person in question is using 1.17.1 exploits which is why you are having that problem bc there are two different variants of this and the one that they are using seems to deal with nbt
1: do you know the person in question?
2: why am i not banned in 1.18.1 for holding the shulker?

Local

Nole Hogan
WE MAY END UP KILLING SANDBOX (i dont think it'd go that far, but we have to take precautionary measures now)
One of the only choices is to turn sandbox off.

And we could get to the person who started this by running down the road of newest occurrences to oldest and then we can find who the creator was.(This sounds like a really dumb idea but it might work)

Also, couldn't HotRod just look into the coding history?

Beowoof

Maybe the item doesn't exist in that version. Or it is only coded in one version. (I have no idea how coding works)
ur kicked for opening it, not holding it. holding the box doesnt kick you (unlike with the item itself or the more common ban boxes)

also i know who gave ME the shulker, but i'll have to wait for him to get on in order to tryy to get a copy of the ban boxes (i have a plan for that tho)

Beowoof

1: no lol why would i know them
2:
thats what confuses me. you said the person in question uses 1.17.1 exploits, but how do you know that if you dont know the person in question xD

steven

✝️ Christ is King | ☕
WE MAY END UP KILLING SANDBOX (i dont think it'd go that far, but we have to take precautionary measures now).
theres no way it would go to an extent of killing a server because it's per player not per chunk and any problems are usually put on neglect to patch these things early on
One of the only choices is to turn sandbox off.

And we could get to the person who started this by running down the road of newest occurrences to oldest and then we can find who the creator was.(This sounds like a really dumb idea but it might work)
the simplest solution is to again install a patch because this is simply an exploit and there's tons of patches for it (or they could update sandbox to 1.18.1 :oops: )

steven

✝️ Christ is King | ☕
thats what confuses me. you said the person in question uses 1.17.1 exploits, but how do you know that if you dont know the person in question xD
bc it doesnt kick you if you're in 1.18.1 and the method described is drastically similar if not the same as the 1.17 method

Beowoof

theres no way it would go to an extent of killing a server because it's per player not per chunk and any problems are usually put on neglect to patch these things early on

the simplest solution is to again install a patch because this is simply an exploit and there's tons of patches for it (or they could update sandbox to 1.18.1 :oops: )
it may be per player, the thing is, more players are being chunkbanned at a very rapid pace

Local

Nole Hogan
ur kicked for opening it, not holding it. holding the box doesnt kick you (unlike with the item itself or the more common ban boxes)

also i know who gave ME the shulker, but i'll have to wait for him to get on in order to tryy to get a copy of the ban boxes (i have a plan for that tho)
I also have a small plan, but I'll need a box for it to work