Bedwars map Nether Town (by TC737 and Mikayler)

Good map?

• Total voters

ImperviousSquid

"Fighting a war you cannot win"
hello, this is a map created by my friend TC737 and his friend Mikayler, together they made this awesome map (Nether Town), hope you like it!
2022-09-14_14.26.53.png2022-09-14_14.27.10.png2022-09-14_14.27.15.png2022-09-14_14.27.26.png2022-09-14_14.27.30.png2022-09-14_14.28.11.png2022-09-14_14.28.48.png

Last edited:

Morgrem

DO NOT GIVE HIM A MONSTER ENERGY DRINK
i know this is like, fifteen days late, but- i like the nether theme. i don't have much to say negatively that wouldn't just be quoting oreo, but
we'll get to what i'd do differently in a moment- and please keep in mind these are just my opinions and they probably suck, and i am by no means a master builder. all of the opinions that could possibly cause an argument have been put in an inline spoiler, so if you wanna see them, just click them. with that out of the way, let the rambling begin

starting with the diamond islands, it's literally just a tiny, upside down, hollow, netherite pyramid with a diamond block in the center. there's nothing interesting and the fact you have to go down and then back up looks very annoying and tedious while getting diamonds. and it's also a bit small and there's zero detail

mid is...just mid. it's okay. it's not really bad. but i feel like people would camp at the ghast and that'd get preeeetty annoying preeeetty quickly. and also the lack of detail is painful. A N D there are no warped trees they're mushrooms but that's just a problem that only i have i think-

and last but most definitely not least, the starting islands. i have...a few problems (or just nitpicks) with these.
you can't see that much from the screenshots, however the shape of the...what would you call it- not a house- uhm- the thing bothers me- it just looks like an M. i don't know why but that doesn't look appealing to me
on the white island, one of the uh- i can't remember the name of the block- let's just call it nether grass- one of the nether grass blocks has turned into netherrack (something they'll need to fix, unless it's already been fixed)
and maybe it's just me but the way the nether grass and nether bricks are just in this checkered pattern on the starting island is kind of- weird- and not that pleasing to look at imo
the way lanterns are just on top of the shelters looks very weird, uninteresting, and honestly- kind of lazy? also it'd make it hard to build on top of or fight on.
also- what are the weird wool pillars on each shelter? are those just there to indicate which island is which? because honestly. it just looks bad. and kinda lazy. at least, it does in my opinion. i know people are gonna get angry at that opinion though...

this problem goes for every island- the lack of any sort of detail to go on the bottom of the islands is just...no

and uh- yeah. that's all for the cons.

as stated earlier, i really like the idea of a nether themed bedwars map. my only issue with this is the execution
and with all of the criticism out of the way and i don't feel like trying to find pros, here's the next rambling:
so, what would i do differently?

i just wanna start with saying i am NOT a good builder. just kinda decent. this could look very bad and i wouldn't know. with that out of the way...wait i've already said that-

and before i get to the actual designs and stuff for individual islands, i'd add detail to the bottom of all of the islands. and before building anything on islands, i'd select part of the top layer (where the nether grass is) then do //replace crimson_nylium (or warped_nylium) crimson_nylium,nether_wart_block,red_wool,red_concrete (or warped_nylium,warped_nether_wart_block,cyan_wool,cyan_concrete)

okay so. starting again with the diamond islands. i'd flip it upside down and give it a flooring and four entrances on each of the sides, and have a small 3x3 dip in the floor with the dia block in the middle and stairs/slabs around it so it's not jumping up and down but it's not on the same y level as the rest of the floor.
i might change the material as well- maybe keep the flooring netherite but have the walls be nether brick? possibly red nether brick for every other island, too- and make it a biiiiiit bigger so it's not just super tiny. also i'd probably try to make it it's own small island

now for mid- the ghast is creative and i do like that idea, so i'd probably keep it, but change up the design a bit. maybe have it a bit smaller and make twisting vines that go up so you can get on it easier?
i would replace the stupid warped trees with warped mushrooms. because that kills me, that it's trees, not mushrooms.
and i can't really think of anything else for it, aside from obviously changing where the emerald generators are.

and lastly, the starter islands. i'm gonna have to actually work on school after this-
i'm gonna make it not a square but a circle first. in one quarter will be the bed, in the quarters next to it will be decorations, and the farthest quarter will be the shelter. i'm not really good at designing those though- so i can't really say much about the shelter- except for it needs more colors that match the color of the team that base is for-
but the quarters with the decorations. those i can do.
because it's literally to the west of the bed, a small mushroom that's crimson if the rest of the island is, or warped if it's not a crimson island.
north of the bed would be the same thing but bigger.
the thing that decides whether it's crimson or warped would either be every other island is crimson and the rest of them are warped, or alternatively, if the color of the team the base is for is a warm color, it has warped stuff, and if it's a cool color, crimson stuff

i've not much else to say so i'm gonna end it here.
yet again, i just want to clarify these are just my opinions. you don't have to agree with them. if you want me to delete this post, i can. i just wanted to type something long and full of opinions that people will probably kill me for (i'll probably delete this later anyway so all of this time i could've spent doing school was wasted lol)
if you actually read all of that, you're amazing
if you aren't gonna kill me because it's full of opinions that differ from yours, you're...well, still just amazing, but it's better than not amazing, right?
double the amazing!

ImperviousSquid

i know this is like, fifteen days late, but- i like the nether theme. i don't have much to say negatively that wouldn't just be quoting oreo, but
we'll get to what i'd do differently in a moment- and please keep in mind these are just my opinions and they probably suck, and i am by no means a master builder. all of the opinions that could possibly cause an argument have been put in an inline spoiler, so if you wanna see them, just click them. with that out of the way, let the rambling begin

starting with the diamond islands, it's literally just a tiny, upside down, hollow, netherite pyramid with a diamond block in the center. there's nothing interesting and the fact you have to go down and then back up looks very annoying and tedious while getting diamonds. and it's also a bit small and there's zero detail

mid is...just mid. it's okay. it's not really bad. but i feel like people would camp at the ghast and that'd get preeeetty annoying preeeetty quickly. and also the lack of detail is painful. A N D there are no warped trees they're mushrooms but that's just a problem that only i have i think-

and last but most definitely not least, the starting islands. i have...a few problems (or just nitpicks) with these.
you can't see that much from the screenshots, however the shape of the...what would you call it- not a house- uhm- the thing bothers me- it just looks like an M. i don't know why but that doesn't look appealing to me
on the white island, one of the uh- i can't remember the name of the block- let's just call it nether grass- one of the nether grass blocks has turned into netherrack (something they'll need to fix, unless it's already been fixed)
and maybe it's just me but the way the nether grass and nether bricks are just in this checkered pattern on the starting island is kind of- weird- and not that pleasing to look at imo
the way lanterns are just on top of the shelters looks very weird, uninteresting, and honestly- kind of lazy? also it'd make it hard to build on top of or fight on.
also- what are the weird wool pillars on each shelter? are those just there to indicate which island is which? because honestly. it just looks bad. and kinda lazy. at least, it does in my opinion. i know people are gonna get angry at that opinion though...

this problem goes for every island- the lack of any sort of detail to go on the bottom of the islands is just...no

and uh- yeah. that's all for the cons.

as stated earlier, i really like the idea of a nether themed bedwars map. my only issue with this is the execution
and with all of the criticism out of the way and i don't feel like trying to find pros, here's the next rambling:
so, what would i do differently?

i just wanna start with saying i am NOT a good builder. just kinda decent. this could look very bad and i wouldn't know. with that out of the way...wait i've already said that-

and before i get to the actual designs and stuff for individual islands, i'd add detail to the bottom of all of the islands. and before building anything on islands, i'd select part of the top layer (where the nether grass is) then do //replace crimson_nylium (or warped_nylium) crimson_nylium,nether_wart_block,red_wool,red_concrete (or warped_nylium,warped_nether_wart_block,cyan_wool,cyan_concrete)

okay so. starting again with the diamond islands. i'd flip it upside down and give it a flooring and four entrances on each of the sides, and have a small 3x3 dip in the floor with the dia block in the middle and stairs/slabs around it so it's not jumping up and down but it's not on the same y level as the rest of the floor.
i might change the material as well- maybe keep the flooring netherite but have the walls be nether brick? possibly red nether brick for every other island, too- and make it a biiiiiit bigger so it's not just super tiny. also i'd probably try to make it it's own small island

now for mid- the ghast is creative and i do like that idea, so i'd probably keep it, but change up the design a bit. maybe have it a bit smaller and make twisting vines that go up so you can get on it easier?
i would replace the stupid warped trees with warped mushrooms. because that kills me, that it's trees, not mushrooms.
and i can't really think of anything else for it, aside from obviously changing where the emerald generators are.

and lastly, the starter islands. i'm gonna have to actually work on school after this-
i'm gonna make it not a square but a circle first. in one quarter will be the bed, in the quarters next to it will be decorations, and the farthest quarter will be the shelter. i'm not really good at designing those though- so i can't really say much about the shelter- except for it needs more colors that match the color of the team that base is for-
but the quarters with the decorations. those i can do.
because it's literally to the west of the bed, a small mushroom that's crimson if the rest of the island is, or warped if it's not a crimson island.
north of the bed would be the same thing but bigger.
the thing that decides whether it's crimson or warped would either be every other island is crimson and the rest of them are warped, or alternatively, if the color of the team the base is for is a warm color, it has warped stuff, and if it's a cool color, crimson stuff

i've not much else to say so i'm gonna end it here.
yet again, i just want to clarify these are just my opinions. you don't have to agree with them. if you want me to delete this post, i can. i just wanted to type something long and full of opinions that people will probably kill me for (i'll probably delete this later anyway so all of this time i could've spent doing school was wasted lol)
if you actually read all of that, you're amazing
if you aren't gonna kill me because it's full of opinions that differ from yours, you're...well, still just amazing, but it's better than not amazing, right?
double the amazing!
Yeah, most of those things you pointed out I found problems with, but those are creative ideas you said!

also I'm not mad, anyone can share their opinions

Last edited:

ImperviousSquid

I might ask if he could fix the starter islands and diamond spawns

But I also didn't make any of this just fyi, and please if you have more ideas I would be happy to see/hear them

Taco

TacoCat
Hi Squid. I have forums now. I was able to read all the comments on my map without an account. I agree with what Oreo and grimalin said. I have fixed the diamond gens and there is no more wool pillar on each base. The ghast will stay because it fits with the nether theme. Also, Squid I will now only be on SK starting in the evening. You can take new pictures at anytime so people can see the new gens and stuff. Big thanks to Fuzz for doing the diamond gens. I am bad at building and detailing. Also a big thanks to Mikayler for helping. Both of them don’t have forums but if they ever do they’ll hopefully see that. All comments are welcome as it helps me improve the map so hopefully it gets put into BedWars. I never have seen a nether theme for a BedWars map in any server I have played BedWars in. My focus is to keep improving the map so I get some “Yes” votes. Lol I’m in that one picture. Oops. It’s fine if anyone wants to vote “No” at any time as it tells me I need to work harder. If anyone wants to see the map in SK just let me know when I’m on as I will be happy to do so. If this map is successful I might make an End themed map. Let me know your thoughts on that idea please. -TC737

littlekoneko

the wound is wise for primal black eyes
Hi Squid. I have forums now. I was able to read all the comments on my map without an account. I agree with what Oreo and grimalin said. I have fixed the diamond gens and there is no more wool pillar on each base. The ghast will stay because it fits with the nether theme. Also, Squid I will now only be on SK starting in the evening. You can take new pictures at anytime so people can see the new gens and stuff. Big thanks to Fuzz for doing the diamond gens. I am bad at building and detailing. Also a big thanks to Mikayler for helping. Both of them don’t have forums but if they ever do they’ll hopefully see that. All comments are welcome as it helps me improve the map so hopefully it gets put into BedWars. I never have seen a nether theme for a BedWars map in any server I have played BedWars in. My focus is to keep improving the map so I get some “Yes” votes. Lol I’m in that one picture. Oops. It’s fine if anyone wants to vote “No” at any time as it tells me I need to work harder. If anyone wants to see the map in SK just let me know when I’m on as I will be happy to do so. If this map is successful I might make an End themed map. Let me know your thoughts on that idea please. -TC737
Hey I used to make these maps for a server if you need help with placement or building please dm me I can help

ImperviousSquid

Ok, probably every week or so I will take new screen shots if I have the time.

Morgrem

DO NOT GIVE HIM A MONSTER ENERGY DRINK
hey uh
i know you said you agreed with what me and oreo said, but eeeeeeeee
i'm sorry if i was too harsh when judging
also welcome to skrafty forums (would've welcomed you on your profile but i can't)

Taco

TacoCat
hey uh
i know you said you agreed with what me and oreo said, but eeeeeeeee
i'm sorry if i was too harsh when judging
also welcome to skrafty forums (would've welcomed you on your profile but i can't)

You weren’t harsh. What you said gives me ideas of what I need to improve the map.