What's Your Favorite Type of Roleplay?

What's your favorite type of Roleplay?

• Total voters
Hi everyone!

One of my favorite things to do on Skrafty is roleplaying, and I was wondering what everyone’s favorite part of roleplaying was, so I thought I’d create a thread where people can talk about what they like about Roleplays.

(Also this is my first time creating a thread, so if I posted it in the wrong place, please let me know)

My favorite part about roleplaying is interacting with other people's characters. I love seeing how creative people are with their stories!

Also, my favorite type of roleplay is fantasy, especially roleplays where you can travel around and explore the map.

Agreed! I’ve always had a hard time role playing though because I tend to find myself shadowing everyone else
Yeah, I understand what that's like.

I find what helps is having a character with a clear goal they're trying to achieve, whether it's curiosity, trying to be a hero, or just trying to make new friends, so you have sort of a guide of what your character wants to do and how they think the other characters are effecting their goal. That's all just my personal experience though.

However, sometimes following someone (especially someone you know from outside of the roleplay) around can be a good idea in a new roleplay in my experience, so you can kinda figure out what the roleplay is about, though staying back and watching also has the same effect (that's what I usually did when I was first starting to roleplay)

Darthkitten216

♡look into your eyes and the skys the limit♡
I like fantasy role plays a lot. Some times I have trouble joining in, because I'm actually extremely shy in real life, so that kind of transfers through when Im roleplaying. I don't want to say the wrong thing or seem too dramatic. Alot of times I kind of just keep to myself until I find a way to join in. I like having a good environment to role play in as well, a bad build with little effort does not really appeal to me, so I might leave, even if the story is good. I'm pretty serious with my roleplays, I like a good story, so Im not really into stuff like ''oh its a school/town/whatever and you can have powers. I think @PinkyPie7 makes really good roleplay plots, though I have not been in many of her roleplays.

I like fantasy role plays a lot. Some times I have trouble joining in, because I'm actually extremely shy in real life, so that kind of transfers through when Im roleplaying. I don't want to say the wrong thing or seem too dramatic. Alot of times I kind of just keep to myself until I find a way to join in. I like having a good environment to role play in as well, a bad build with little effort does not really appeal to me, so I might leave, even if the story is good. I'm pretty serious with my roleplays, I like a good story, so Im not really into stuff like ''oh its a school/town/whatever and you can have powers. I think @PinkyPie7 makes really good roleplay plots, though I have not been in many of her roleplays.
Yeah, I know exactly what that's like. I'm always terrified of saying the wrong thing when I'm in another person's roleplay (sometimes to the point where it takes me a long time to even ask if I can join a roleplay, if I ask at all), and I like roleplays with a lot of story too. I like when it feels like the environment is kinda another character you're interacting with, like it has personality and history like an original character. That's just my personal experience though.

My view of roleplays aren't just making up a character and playing as them. In roleplaying, you're able to develope your character in such a way that they seem to come to life. That's the beauty of writing really, made up stories aren't just fairy tales, they're apart of us, and can inspire us.

I've become a writer over the years, and my stories have become so dear to me, they've become an important part of my life and probably will stay that way for a long time.

Roleplaying online definitely changed me, I know it sounds silly, but I've made such close friends (Kay and a few others) over the years. This is also apart of how writing became one of my passions. Amazing stories and incredible friends can come from roleplaying. It sounds weird, again I know, but I do know people who have come out of their shells and become more confident in themselves over roleplaying. Take me for example. I've definitely become more mature and self-confident over the years with writing.

ghostieboo

Cooler than you, I suppose
ah yes
i have discovered a great rp thread :OOO

What I like about roleplaying isn't just character interaction or building stuff. I like that you can bring your imagination to life and then pretty much live in your imagination, even if it's temporary

However, one thing I absolutely DESPISE happening is this:

Me: *Signs up with some powers that are weaker than the rp owner* *e.g telekinesis and light energy*
RP Owner or someone else who's much stronger than I am: dude pls dont be too op
Me: . . .
Person: . . .
Me: . . . uh, then you lower urself down too??
Person: oMW DUDE IM NOT OP U R I ONLY HAVE EVERY SINGLE POWER AND YOU HAVE TELEKINESIS!!! SO OP DUDE!!

xD Or just when someone calls u OP for beating them

ANYWAYS

Another fun thing is that you get to think of neat ways to connect things, and you can hang out and have fun with friends in a new way

I also don't usually come up with the character from scratch (I've only managed that for a few characters, e.g Lost the ghost scientist)
I usually have some sort of spark that starts it up after I watch a movie or tv show, play a game, or even it starts from other people's characters. Taking inspiration can lead to some neat things.
For example, one of my hero-villain pairs would be Yoi and Yokunai. Yoi is a warrior with creation powers who rules over the abandoned wasteland of Akeru. In the past he was a strong fighter who helped battle in the fight of creation and destruction. Yokunai is pretty much the opposite. Yokunai and Yoi also can drain and empower positive feelings nearby them respectively.
I got the inspiration for those two and pretty much all of Akeru and some of Reversed from Ninjago Season 8.

ghostieboo

Cooler than you, I suppose
ah yes

What I like about roleplaying isn't just character interaction or building stuff. I like that you can bring your imagination to life and then pretty much live in your imagination, even if it's temporary

Me: *Signs up with some powers that are weaker than the rp owner* *e.g telekinesis and light energy*
Person: oMW DUDE IM NOT OP U R I ONLY HAVE EVERY SINGLE POWER AND YOU HAVE TELEKINESIS!!! SO OP DUDE!!

ANYWAYS

Another fun thing is that you get to think of neat ways to connect things, and you can hang out and have fun with friends in a new way

I also don't usually come up with the character from scratch (I've only managed that for a few characters, e.g Lost the ghost scientist)
I usually have some sort of spark that starts it up after I watch a movie or tv show, play a game, or even it starts from other people's characters. Taking inspiration can lead to some neat things.
For example, one of my hero-villain pairs would be Yoi and Yokunai. Yoi is a warrior with creation powers who rules over the abandoned wasteland of Akeru. In the past he was a strong fighter who helped battle in the fight of creation and destruction. Yokunai is pretty much the opposite. Yokunai and Yoi also can drain and empower positive feelings nearby them respectively.
I got the inspiration for those two and pretty much all of Akeru and some of Reversed from Ninjago Season 8.
Also for someone who has an exotic, wild, and creative right hemisphere of their brain.. it's quite helpful to be able to have that, since Reversed popped out of that imagination. It was my first roleplay I actually put effort into, as well

Triacus

the Last Sith
ah yes

This is a phenomenon i have observed called "False security"
The person is so terrified of being op they create a character they believe is exactly walking the wire, and anything that can defeat it is op.
Normally people that suffer from false security are really annoying outside of roleplays.
Or they are just really dumb and you should avoid them at all costs.

Triacus

the Last Sith
This is a phenomenon i have observed called "False security"
The person is so terrified of being op they create a character they believe is exactly walking the wire, and anything that can defeat it is op.
Normally people that suffer from false security are really annoying outside of roleplays.
Or they are just really dumb and you should avoid them at all costs.

Please keep in mind the only people that would be offended by this are the people that fit into this category.

nickelboy757

The boi that has yo' back.
ah yes

ANYWAYS

Precisely why i dont join or make RPs with powers

I like being realistic

jeb

esfp-a | vanilla addict | plays piano | good vibes
Precisely why i dont join or make RPs with powers

I like being realistic
Nickel rps with powers actually make something worth doing

So if your character has power of fire or something then you can like use your power if there's like a battle or you gotta do something with fire or something like it's good so

I'm with moosical in this matter cuz like I've been in her rps more then once so I have first hand experience.

totally worth it guys

Space

⭒*✩ your favorite idiot ✩*⭒
My opinion; Fantasy RPs, are fun. Until it gets off-hand. Like when people start using powers for bad, even though there GOOD! And then you go into a ultimate universe.
Also my opinion; Animal RPs, are fine. But then someone will turn OP; Be immortal, have swords. Magical powers, stuff I dont get. If anyone does this I dont mean to offend them, I'm just saying this. So just sayin' this. Dont take this like I'm trying to offend you.

LizziePie07

Don't hesitate, to maybe overcompensate
I just like plane old town rps and stuff like that

I also made a power town at one point so that was cool