Everything wrong with factions

The_Local_Dad

sweaty mineman
So factions isnt perfect, we all know that, but I've made a list of all the bigger things that are wrong with factions and need a change.

1. World border

The world border is very messed up, its like a circle or something? One of the biggest perks of the border is building a base against it so you only have to build 3 walls, but you cant do it here because its all uneven. Personally I dont even get why you used a plugin for it when you can just use commands for it. you could just do /worldborder center 0.0 0.0 and then /worldborder set 10000 to make an actual minecraft border that is a perfect square and you cant go past. It is visible and would work so much better than the border as it stands right now.

2. Shop

So the shop is something that every good factions server needs, but this one is just... not very good. No offence to the people that made it but there are many many flaws with it. Firstly it's horribly unorganized. There's potion supplies with gapples and food, there's quartz with the enchanted gapples and vines and more food? Theres no melons in the shop which takes out a good farm, there's redstone in separate corners of the shop. Also its WAY too big, since its unorganized half the time you half to walk around the entire shop to find what you need. I would suggest something around half the size of the shop as it is, but 2 floors. Each section should be a category of items that you can buy, not all spread out everywhere. I'm currently working on a new base shop just for an example of something to do and will edit this thread when I finish it, but the shop needs a LOT of work.

3. Faction Chat

Faction chat is something that you can type /f c f to go to faction chat, talking here would make it so only people in your faction can read your messages. This would be very helpful since some times you want to talk to multiple members of your faction at once so you cant use /msg, but you dont want to spam the main chat or let others know what your doing. It would also be helpful especially for the people with really long titles because it ends up spamming the chat with just their title when they are talking about stuff that only matters to their faction. And that brings me to my next point which is Titles.

4. Faction Titles

So I have nothing against titles... unless they are long enough to take up an entire chat line on my screen. Some people have titles like "&&&&& LordPvPMaster240 &&&&&" and that takes up SO much space since I have a small screen. There should be a character limit on how long you can have titles, like 16 chars at most, (not including color codes) This would cut down alot on the spam.

So these are the biggest issues with factions. Feel free to give your opinions on the problems I mentioned and ill get back to you as soon as I can.

elora

flowberry rizz
Yep, any opinions on my other points?
Point #1, I've never had an issue with the border, maybe bc i'v never traveled that far, so i cant really have an opinion.
Point #2 I agree that some of the stuff in the shop is scattered in semi-random places but i've gotten used to it
Point #3 Faction chat would be helpful but I feel like half the time I wouldn't know what faction chat is because of all the titles if you get what im saying

The_Local_Dad

sweaty mineman
If faction chat was labeled with colors and fonts, some might overlook it thinking its a title. or maybe its just me and i need to pay more attention.
The only difference for faction chat is that the actual message would be a different color, maybe green or something idk. But you would clearly be able to see what message is faction chat and whats not

ghostieboo

Cooler than you, I suppose
So factions isnt perfect, we all know that, but I've made a list of all the bigger things that are wrong with factions and need a change.

1. World border

The world border is very messed up, its like a circle or something? One of the biggest perks of the border is building a base against it so you only have to build 3 walls, but you cant do it here because its all uneven. Personally I dont even get why you used a plugin for it when you can just use commands for it. you could just do /worldborder center 0.0 0.0 and then /worldborder set 10000 to make an actual minecraft border that is a perfect square and you cant go past. It is visible and would work so much better than the border as it stands right now.

2. Shop

So the shop is something that every good factions server needs, but this one is just... not very good. No offence to the people that made it but there are many many flaws with it. Firstly it's horribly unorganized. There's potion supplies with gapples and food, there's quartz with the enchanted gapples and vines and more food? Theres no melons in the shop which takes out a good farm, there's redstone in separate corners of the shop. Also its WAY too big, since its unorganized half the time you half to walk around the entire shop to find what you need. I would suggest something around half the size of the shop as it is, but 2 floors. Each section should be a category of items that you can buy, not all spread out everywhere. I'm currently working on a new base shop just for an example of something to do and will edit this thread when I finish it, but the shop needs a LOT of work.

3. Faction Chat

Faction chat is something that you can type /f c f to go to faction chat, talking here would make it so only people in your faction can read your messages. This would be very helpful since some times you want to talk to multiple members of your faction at once so you cant use /msg, but you dont want to spam the main chat or let others know what your doing. It would also be helpful especially for the people with really long titles because it ends up spamming the chat with just their title when they are talking about stuff that only matters to their faction. And that brings me to my next point which is Titles.

4. Faction Titles

So I have nothing against titles... unless they are long enough to take up an entire chat line on my screen. Some people have titles like "&&&&& LordPvPMaster240 &&&&&" and that takes up SO much space since I have a small screen. There should be a character limit on how long you can have titles, like 16 chars at most, (not including color codes) This would cut down alot on the spam.

So these are the biggest issues with factions. Feel free to give your opinions on the problems I mentioned and ill get back to you as soon as I can.
1. World border is a horrible spot for a base because it's tbh a lot easier to find a world border base than it is to find a midranged base
2. Most are fine with the deorganization, but I do agree that the amount of empty space is annoying.
3. I believe for some reason it is intentional /f chat doesn't exist
4. Agreed

The_Local_Dad

sweaty mineman
1. World border is a horrible spot for a base because it's tbh a lot easier to find a world border base than it is to find a midranged base
2. Most are fine with the deorganization, but I do agree that the amount of empty space is annoying.
3. I believe for some reason it is intentional /f chat doesn't exist
4. Agreed
1. Its an amazing spot for a base because if you do it in a corner you only have to build 2 walls, and my bases look like this
upload_2018-8-7_20-30-42.jpeg
and most people on sk dont know how to raid bases like that so its actually the best spot lol.

2. They should at least have everything we would need as well they are missing so much stuff to the point where its not even worth it.

3. I cant really think of a reason why they wouldnt want it?

ghostieboo

1. Its an amazing spot for a base because if you do it in a corner you only have to build 2 walls, and my bases look like this
View attachment 36239
and most people on sk dont know how to raid bases like that so its actually the best spot lol.

2. They should at least have everything we would need as well they are missing so much stuff to the point where its not even worth it.

pretty easy and im gonna mention it right here

kill members of the faction to lower the power down to the point where you can unclaim, unclaim land and get in

ghostieboo

View attachment 36239

On SK's world border it's a horrible base spot because it's so small and it's easy to locate bases built on the borderline

The_Local_Dad

sweaty mineman

kill members of the faction to lower the power down to the point where you can unclaim, unclaim land and get in
How are they going to kill you if you are inside the base?
On SK's world border it's a horrible base spot because it's so small and it's easy to locate bases built on the borderline
It doesnt matter if they find it because they still have to get in lol you need like a 40 stacker at the absolute least and that would take hours to get in, someone would hear the tnt by then lol

LittleYoda01

{Helper} | {Dog Groomer}

If players know what they are doing it is not that easy whats-so-ever... Especially if they are decent at pvp and know how to get out of a bad situation.

BadPuns

SKrafty Helper
These are valid points, and I believe I can help address some of them.

1. - I was told the creator of the server DIDN'T want border/corner bases, because they are pretty overpowered. In a corner base, you can do twice the walls for less effort. The minecraft world border only offers a square, so in an attempt to remove corners they opted for this plugin. Don't quote me on this because this info is somewhat outdated.
2. - Imo shop is fine, lil unorganized and big. In general I prefer form over function though, and that shop truly is an amazing build. Maybe they can work on organization next map.
3. - This would be sooooo cool. Sadly the server owner mentioned it couldn't be filtered and moderated by SK mods so the plan had to be done away with.
4. - Currently an open issue... Player who use excessively long or intentionally spammy titles are subject to a mute.

Here a few issues I think need to be fixed as well.

5. - Use of the offhand/shield slot. Probably disabled due to glitchiness, but still would be cool to have.
6. - MAJOR: Enable old TNT mechanics! 99% of cannons are broken because of this, and its something any name-brand faction server has to fix. I've heard of people using PaperSpigot and enabling the fix-cannons option. Without it some bases can't be raided without glitching. Example: My current base
7. - Speaking of glitching, can we pls remove glitching into bases? Not gonna provide public details.

ghostieboo

These are valid points, and I believe I can help address some of them.

1. - I was told the creator of the server DIDN'T want border/corner bases, because they are pretty overpowered. In a corner base, you can do twice the walls for less effort. The minecraft world border only offers a square, so in an attempt to remove corners they opted for this plugin. Don't quote me on this because this info is somewhat outdated.
2. - Imo shop is fine, lil unorganized and big. In general I prefer form over function though, and that shop truly is an amazing build. Maybe they can work on organization next map.
3. - This would be sooooo cool. Sadly the server owner mentioned it couldn't be filtered and moderated by SK mods so the plan had to be done away with.
4. - Currently an open issue... Player who use excessively long or intentionally spammy titles are subject to a mute.

Here a few issues I think need to be fixed as well.

5. - Use of the offhand/shield slot. Probably disabled due to glitchiness, but still would be cool to have.
6. - MAJOR: Enable old TNT mechanics! 99% of cannons are broken because of this, and its something any name-brand faction server has to fix. I've heard of people using PaperSpigot and enabling the fix-cannons option. Without it some bases can't be raided without glitching. Example: My current base
7. - Speaking of glitching, can we pls remove glitching into bases? Not gonna provide public details.
btw just curious when will trench's f home be open

no rush since good bases take good effort.. lol

The_Local_Dad

sweaty mineman
. - I was told the creator of the server DIDN'T want border/corner bases, because they are pretty overpowered. In a corner base, you can do twice the walls for less effort. The minecraft world border only offers a square, so in an attempt to remove corners they opted for this plugin. Don't quote me on this because this info is somewhat outdated.
Fair point, I dont personally think it would be overpowered but yea thats fair.
Imo shop is fine, lil unorganized and big. In general I prefer form over function though, and that shop truly is an amazing build. Maybe they can work on organization next map.
Whats the point of the shop looking nice if everything is scattered across it and half the stuff that you need isnt there?
This would be sooooo cool. Sadly the server owner mentioned it couldn't be filtered and moderated by SK mods so the plan had to be done away with.
If im not mistaken there is a command along the lines of /f chatspy or something like that (dont quote me on this) that would allow the mods to look at it as if it were socialspy
Use of the offhand/shield slot. Probably disabled due to glitchiness, but still would be cool to have.
Another good point that I missed, I never use 1.12 much so I didnt really pay attention to it but that would be cool.
MAJOR: Enable old TNT mechanics! 99% of cannons are broken because of this, and its something any name-brand faction server has to fix. I've heard of people using PaperSpigot and enabling the fix-cannons option. Without it some bases can't be raided without glitching. Example: My current base
Very Very good point, I didnt know of that when I made the thread, but the tnt NEEDS to be fixed.
Speaking of glitching, can we pls remove glitching into bases? Not gonna provide public details.
There is a way you can glitch into bases using boats (not gonna tell how cause ppl will abuse it) but if they would just remove the ability to place boats in claimed land that should fix it, cause I think all the other go through walls glitches were patched in 1.12

Maybe next season they will fix all that and ill actually play lol