Everything Wrong With Factions v2

Discussion in 'Factions' started by The_Local_Dad, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Ghost3123

Ghost3123 Addicted to bagels, Male, 13

I definitely do NOT support map size. That makes it way too easy to find bases; in case you didn't know, 1k blocks isn't hard to travel on foot. At ALL.
    Power is ok, but large bases for solo people kinda takes away from the point of having a giant, dominating faction.
    Donator commands are meh. Elaborate on what /feed is? Other than that I think that the donor suggestions are fine.

I 100% agree with the first three. Lying I do not agree on for the reasons Fell and SM listed already.

Also, I know how to build a certain cannon that can launch blocks really high up (they cross an SB plot even)
    so finetune a cannon like that and a y level 255 base should be easy to raid?? But sand mechanics would probably be nice anyways

Mari likes this.
  2. Speedrix

Speedrix Game Designer, Author, just a sped

That's not rly authentic if it's an accident and someone follows you to your base it's a simple mistake unless you told them or something

3. Speedrix

And you can't have a way of knowing they won't tbh

4. Speedrix

This is really why you should only let trusted people you've known for over 2 years or something be in your base there's always a loophole and if it isn't lieing or going against anything they said it's not their fault that's factions

5. Ghost3123

If you loophole a smart person, said smart person will find a loophole inside your loophole that can get you in trouble.
    But seriously, who would go to their base on foot without deliberately letting someone follow them?

The trap likes this.
  6. The trap

The trap Trapasaur

Lead them to a trapped base

Speedrix likes this.
  7. Speedrix

^
    And idk ppl do weird stuff it's possible and if you are a smart person yourself then you can find a loophole for their loophole loopholing your first loophole

8. memows

memows “I’m shaking in my custom baby seal leather boots”

Every time you unironically say “trap” it brings me joy because yknow your user

Mari and The trap like this.
  9. The trap

The trap Trapasaur

There's a reason thats my user

Mari and memows like this.
  10. The_Local_Dad

The_Local_Dad sweaty mineman

Ok so firstly id like to say that im sorry for not responding to some of the things that were said in the past month or so? I've been super busy and then a few weeks ago I got my tonsils out so I haven't really been on that much anyways.
    1k by 1k was only for the overworld. Theres also the nether and the end with the same size. And the reason I say it should be much smaller is because skrafty is a fairly small server. There arent a lot of bases to begin with and most of them end up being underground anyways. Half the time if you put your base around like 7k 7k. Nobody is gonna find it, and nobody is gonna raid it. Making the maps smaller (3 1k by 1k worlds) it would increase the raiding and actually make it more like factions. Map size has to change with the player count.
    What if you join later in the map and everyones already in a faction. The bigger ones wont let you in, and the smaller ones will let you in but they arent taking the game as seriously as you'd like to. You basically have 2 options. Join one of the smaller factions and settle for not being able to play the game competitively. Or try to make a base with the 10 chunks you are allowed.
    /feed is a command that will basically restore all your hunger bars. It comes with the base essentials plugin. It gives a small advantage of not having to have a slot in your inventory taken by food but not too big of one.
    By removing sand and making tnt just ignore water, completely ruins the point of watering a base at all, and you have way less options for what cannons you can make. Just make it how everyone else does it and have tnt NOT ignore water and you have to use sand, but maybe make a tutorial cannon at a help area thats a really simple one stacker so people can copy it to get their first cannon going before they learn how it works.

ThorLG and ellie like this.
  11. Ghost3123

I see your point, but there are some experienced raiders who play factions and have big factions as well with other experienced raiders; Also, the end's impact is DRASTICALLY reduced due to the islands layout. Also, I believe the End was disabled due to the death of the Ender Dragon causing corrupt chunks, which, if you happened to be in, meant you'd have to get your player-data reset (basically sent back to square one) or else you joining kicked everyone on the server.
    Not my fault you were late. :p
    (Seriously, while yes 10 is slightly small 50 chunks is over-the-top and does destroy the point of having a giant faction if you can make a big base with not a single member)
    Again, fair enough, but doesn't using sand also destroy the point of needing to water a base?

12. The_Local_Dad

They can kill the enderdragon before releasing the server so that way nobody can kill it after ruining the chunks, And from there you can remove all the stuff from it and start from scratch.
    It really wouldnt. 10 chunks gives you almost no room at all to make and it doesnt destroy the point of having a big faction because they can make even bigger bases. It just evens out the playing field a lot more in my opinion
    The effort it takes to make a regular cannon with no sand and the effort it takes to build a cannon that shoots sand is drastically different. It basically makes it so you have to use a lot more tnt to get into it which makes it cost more to raid.

ellie likes this.
  13. Ghost3123

(1) I assume you haven't heard of respawning the dragon??
    (2) The point is that smaller factions are at a disadvantage. I say if it gets an increase it can be 20 per person tops.
    (3) Fair enough

14. The_Local_Dad

I assumed they would just remove it since its REALLY easy to do lol.
    I can settle for 20-25. My point was just that 10 is WAY too small.

ellie likes this.
  15. Ghost3123

(1) If it were that easy they woulda done it already

2) Mk

16. The_Local_Dad

Literally all you do is remove the portal you have to go in and they cant get there lol

ellie likes this.