This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Center for Lit Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 5 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 4th-6th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level.
- The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
- Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry
- Miracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorensen
- The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
- The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli
Students will participate in a live weekly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments Class will begin on Monday, September 9th at 11:00 AM CST.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.