Does your student want to start a blog, but not sure how to begin? Are you looking for an extra high school technology credit? Check it out! We are so excited to offer a new concept class for the 2017/2018 School year. This class will be a bit different than our other classes as there is no Minecraft assignment involved. However, students will be able to earn a High School Credit in Technology upon completion of this course. This course will be taught by myself, Holly Syx AKA SuperMom767 on SKrafty. I have been blogging using WordPress for over 10 years, and I want to share this experience with our students.
Our Blogging 101 for High School Students class includes the following:
- Hands on experience in creating their own WordPress blog
- Ongoing Mentorship
- Their own wordpress blog hosted by us for the duration of the course
- Weekly blog reviews and feedback
- Weekly online class meeting to introduce new topics and hold discussions
- Weekly hands-on assignments for practice and enhancement of learning
WHEN: Mondays at 9AM CST starting on September 18. The class will run for 19 weeks. There will be a week off for Thanksgiving on November 20 – 24, and 2 weeks off during December 18 – January 5th. Second semester will begin on the week of Monday, January 8th and conclude on the week of April 30th. Spring break will take place during the week of March 26 – 30 during which there will be no classes.