This class is no longer available for registration.
This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Center for Lit Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 8 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 4th-7th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level. They are listed in the order we will be reading them.
- Gilgamesh the King – Ludmila Zeman
- Revenge of Ishtar – Ludmila Zeman
- Last Quest of Gilgamesh – Ludmila Zeman
- Golden Goblet – Eloise Jarvis McGraw
- D’Aulaires’ Greek Myths – Edgar and Ingri D’Aulaires
- Detectives in Togas – Henry Winterfield
- Bronze Bow – Elizabeth George Speare
- Just So Stories – Rudyard Kipling
Students will participate in a live weekly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments Class will begin on Tuesday, September 10th at 2:00 PM CST. See the SKrafty Class Calendar HERE.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.
You can view your Report Card by clicking the box below.
You will need to expand each topic to see all the grades.
To print you can use your browser’s print function with file, print, OR by Right Clicking the screen and clicking Print.