This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 8 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 6th grade & up, but please follow your child’s reading level. They are listed in the order we will be reading them.
- God King – Joanne Williamson – LIVE Discussion on October 5th, 2021
- Mara, Daughter of the Nile – Eloise Jarvis McGraw – LIVE Discussion on November 2nd
- Greek Myths – Olivia Coolidge – Live Discussion on January 4th
- The Children’s Homer – LIVE Discussion February 1st
- Eagle of the Ninth – LIVE Discussion March 1st
- Bronze Bow – Elizabeth George Speare – LIVE Discussion April 5th
Students will participate in a live monthly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments Class assignments will begin on Tuesday, September 15th with the first live discussion on October 5th. See the SKrafty Class Calendar HERE.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.
You can view your Report Card by clicking the box below:
TIPS: You will need to expand each topic to see all the grades. To print you can use your browser’s print function with file, print, OR by right clicking the screen and clicking Print.