This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 8 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 6th grade & up, but please follow your child’s reading level. They are listed in the order we will be reading them.
- Gilgamesh – David Ferry – LIVE Discussion on Gilgamesh on October 6th, 2020
- God King – Joanne Williamson – LIVE Discussion on November 10th
- Mara, Daughter of the Nile – Eloise Jarvis McGraw – Live Discussion on December 15th
- Greek Myths – Olivia Coolidge – LIVE Discussion January 26th
- The Children’s Homer – LIVE Discussion March 16th
- Eagle of the Ninth – LIVE Discussion April 20th
Students will participate in a live weekly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments Class will begin on Tuesday, September 15th at 3:30 PM CST. See the SKrafty Class Calendar HERE.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.