This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 8 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 4th-7th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level. They are listed in the order we will be reading them.
- Gilgamesh the King – Ludmila Zeman
- Revenge of Ishtar – Ludmila Zeman
- Last Quest of Gilgamesh – Ludmila Zeman — LIVE Discussion on Gilgamesh on October 5th, 2021
- Golden Goblet – Eloise Jarvis McGraw – LIVE Discussion on November 2nd, 2021
- Tirzah – Travis Lucille – Live Discussion on January 4th
- The Golden Fleece by Padraic Colum – LIVE Discussion February 1st
- Detectives in Togas – Henry Winterfield – LIVE Discussion March 1st
- Bronze Bow – Elizabeth George Speare – LIVE Discussion April 5th
Students will participate in a live monthly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments. Assignments will begin on Monday, September 14th. See the SKrafty Class Calendar HERE.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.
You can view your Report Card by clicking the box below:
TIPS: You will need to expand each topic to see all the grades. To print you can use your browser’s print function with file, print, OR by right clicking the screen and clicking Print.