This class will cover the basics of literary analysis including Plot, Characters, Theme, Setting and Conflict. Class discussion will be based on the Socratic method with reading homework each week.. We will be reading the following 8 books over the course of the year. Suggested age is 4th-7th grade, but please follow your child’s reading level. They are listed in the order we will be reading them.
- Gilgamesh the King – Ludmila Zeman
- Revenge of Ishtar – Ludmila Zeman
- Last Quest of Gilgamesh – Ludmila Zeman — LIVE Discussion on Gilgamesh on October 6th, 2020
- Golden Goblet – Eloise Jarvis McGraw – LIVE Discussion on November 17th
- Tirzah – Travis Lucille – Live Discussion on December 15th
- The Golden Fleece by Padraic Colum – LIVE Discussion January 26th
- Detectives in Togas – Henry Winterfield – LIVE Discussion March 16th
- Bronze Bow – Elizabeth George Speare – LIVE Discussion April 20th
Students will participate in a live weekly class with OPTIONAL in game Minecraft assignments Class will begin on Tuesday, September 15th at 2:15 PM CST. See the SKrafty Class Calendar HERE.
Students will earn badges as they complete quizzes and a Diamond Armor badge when they complete the whole class.