Join us on a 6 week tour of Exploring Geometry with Minecraft. We will be exploring the basics of Geometry Minecraft style. This will be a live class with weekly assignments so that your students can work through the assignments on their own time on our SKrafty MathCraft Server. I think this will be a super fun add-on to your math curriculum.
Following are the details:
Week 1 – Intro to Coordinate Plane and Graphing Ordered Pairs in the Coordinate Plane
Week 2 – Intro to Basic Geometric Shapes (Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Nonagon, Decagon)
Week 3 – Classifying Triangles and Quadrilaterals by their properties and Exploring properties of Regular and Irregular Polygons
Week 4 – Identifying Planar and Solid Figures
Week 5– Finding Area and Perimeter of Polygons
Week 6 – Exploring Properties of Circles (Area & Circumference)
Students can begin at any time and work at their own pace.
Self Paced Class with video lesson and in game assignments – $15.99
WHERE: SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server MathCraft (Not playing on SKrafty yet? Get Whitelisted here)
- Instructor led videos
- Weekly Minecraft Project Assignments. Students will have a week to complete assignments, and teacher will be available at certain times throughout the week for questions and help if needed.
- End of course Quiz to test progress (optional)
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Premium Minecraft Account and Minecraft for PC or MAC
- Minecraft account must be whitelisted on SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server. Get Whitelisted here.
- PREREQUISITES: There are no specific age requirements, but students should be able to follow directions and know how to maneuver around in Minecraft. Students should know basic single digit addition, subtraction, and multiplication. This is an elementary level class.
Want to join us? Sign Up Below: