History Anyone? History is definitely one of our favorite subjects around here. I believe it’s really important to learn about our past. For 2014, we will be going through Volume II of the Mystery of History® , and I would love to invite you all to join us!
This course will be a full semester of history curriculum covering the second half of Mystery of History Volume 2. It is a continuation of the first MOH 2 class. The text book we will be using is Mystery of History® Volume II by Bright Ideas Press. We will have a live class each week, assignments, and of course Minecraft activities to go along with it.
Following are the details:
Live Class begins Tuesday, May 20th, and will run through the week of Tuesday, August 26th with a week off during Memorial Day. The final 4 weeks will include a single, more detailed project.
Self Paced class can be started at any time, and student can go through the class at their own pace.
Class Time: 11:30 AM CST
Live weekly Class with in game assignments – $32.00
Self Paced Option – $15.99 (Students will be able to work through the assignments at their own pace. The Skrafty History teacher will be available for questions via email.)
WHERE: SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server Mine Through Time (Not playing on SKrafty yet? Get Whitelisted here)
We will have the following:
- Weekly teacher led live class and textbook assignments. (Live Class not included in self-paced option)
- Weekly Minecraft Project Assignments. Students will have a week to complete assignments, and teacher will be available at certain times throughout the week for questions and help if needed with a scheduled (optional) in game teacher time on Thursday at 11:30.
- Bi-weekly Quiz to test progress (optional)
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Premium Minecraft Account and Minecraft for PC or MAC
- Minecraft account must be whitelisted on SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server. Get Whitelisted here.
- Required Textbook: Mystery of History Volume II.
- Student should know the basics of building in Minecraft, and use proper Minecraft ettiquette (no griefing, etc.)
- PREREQUISITES: Mystery of History® is meant to be used with multiple grade levels so this course will be for multiple levels.
- Students will be able to log in and begin on Tuesday, January 14th.
Want to join us? Spots are limited! Sign Up Below: