It’s science time! Please join us for a fun-filled science class while we learn all about Chemistry for High School Students.
This course is a Full Year class, and the text book we will be using is Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile. We will have a Live class each week, assignments, and of course Minecraft activities to go along with it. You can see pages of the book and check out the Table of Contents here.
Includes the following:
- Live Option includes live, interactive class taught in Adobe Connect virtual classroom.
- Weekly reading assignment
- Online, self-graded quizzes for each module
- Live classes are recorded for later viewing
- Minecraft assignment is optional
Following are the details:
Live Instructor-led classes will take place weekly on Tuesdays at 4:15pm CST starting on 9/11/17. Classes will be recorded so you can watch later if you have to miss.
Live Option (Full Year, includes both semesters live class) – $159.99 or included with SKrafty EDU Subscription
WHERE: SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server (Not playing on SKrafty yet? Get Whitelisted here)
We will have the following:
- Weekly lesson and textbook assignments.
- Students will log into online class portal for weekly assignments.
- Weekly Minecraft Project. Students will have a week to complete assignments.
- Weekly Quiz to test progress
- In – Game rewards for completing course milestones.
Mrs. Julie will be showing some videos in class of the labs at times. However, in order to receive a lab credit for this course (if desired), the student will need to purchase a lab kit such as the following and complete them throughout the week. We will note in the assignment when this is applicable.
Discovering Design with Chemistry Lab Kit
By Nature’s Workshop Plus!
This lab kit from Nature’s Workshop Plus is designed to be used with Berean Builders’ Discovering Design with Chemistry curriculum (sold-separately). This kit provides homeschoolers with most of the items they’ll need, making science class easy-to-do for students and parents! Although many of the items may be easy to find at home or stores close by, this kit makes experiments easier to do by pre-gathering items together. Please see the Lab Supply List PDF at the above link for a complete list of what is provided in the kit.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Premium Minecraft Account and Minecraft for PC or MAC if doing the Minecraft option
- Minecraft account must be whitelisted on SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server. Get Whitelisted here.
- Required Textbook: Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile
- Student should know the basics of building in Minecraft, and use proper Minecraft ettiquette (no griefing, etc.)
- PREREQUISITES: Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile is meant to be used with High School so this course will be for those levels. Student should have gone through Algebra I already.
- Students will be able to log in and begin on Tuesday, September 12th.
Self Paced class can be started at any time after that date, and student can go through the class at their own pace.
Need to start later or miss a few weeks? No problem! Just pick up where you left off.