It’s math time! Please join us for a fun-filled math class while we learn all about Algebra 1 for High School Students.
This course is a Full Year class, and the text book we will be using is Holt McDougal Larson Algebra 1. The ISBN number is 0547315155. We are using the 2009 copyright version which may have 2011 on the cover.
This book is readily available in used condition from Amazon.com. We will have a Live class each week taught by Mrs. Kristen, assignments, and of course Minecraft activities to go along with it.
Includes the following:
- Live Option includes live, interactive class taught in Adobe Connect virtual classroom.
- Weekly reading assignment
- Online, self-graded quizzes
- Live classes are recorded for later viewing
- Minecraft assignment is optional
Following are the details:
Live Instructor-led classes will take place weekly on Mondays at 3:00 pm CST starting on 9/11/17. Classes will be recorded so you can watch later if you have to miss.
Live Option (Full Year, includes both semesters live class) – $159.99 or included with SKrafty EDU Subscription
WHERE: SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server (Not playing on SKrafty yet? Get Whitelisted here)
We will have the following:
- Weekly lesson and textbook assignments.
- Students will log into online class portal for weekly assignments.
- Weekly Minecraft Project. Students will have a week to complete assignments.
- Weekly Quiz to test progress
- In – Game rewards for completing course milestones.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Premium Minecraft Account and Minecraft for PC or MAC if doing the Minecraft option
- Minecraft account must be whitelisted on SKrafty Homeschool Minecraft Server. Get Whitelisted here.
- Required Textbook: Holt McDougal Larson Algebra 1
- Student should know the basics of building in Minecraft, and use proper Minecraft ettiquette (no griefing, etc.)
- PREREQUISITES: Student should have gone through Algebra I already.
- Students will be able to log in and begin on Monday, September 11th.
Need to start later or miss a few weeks? No problem! Just pick up where you left off.